Wednesday 19 March 2014

Medieval Hounds



These are the greens for a set of medieval hounds, that Steve May has kindly sculpted for me. They are based on illustrations of 'alaunts' - a breed of dog which are commonly shown in medieval illustrations and tapestries, but appear to now be extinct. I'm not an expert on dog breeds, but they would seem to have similarities to modern day greyhounds, but a bit bulkier. I'm really pleased with Steve's wonderful sculpting talents,  matching my request for a pair of active and pair of more static hounds, the poses are really great.




The sculpts will be sent off to be cast up in metal quite soon. Plan is then that they'll be available to buy as a set, should anyone be interested. I'll post more info on this, when I have the castings.

So seems like the right time to create a Burgundian nobleman riding out, to be joined by his pack of hunting hounds. 



11 comments:

  1. Glorious hounds I would love a set...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, wonderful minis and it's a nice move to make them available : count me in, please !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sculpts! Very useful too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sculpts and a great idea. Put me down for a set when you get round to it!

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sculpting by Mr May.

    I'll buy a set for sure Simon. Just let me know when they're available matey.

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice idea and great mini's. Up for a set too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking realy good ! I would absolutely be interested in a set.

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are these still available? I'd love to buy two sets. I'm recreating my Burgundian reenactment group using 28mm figures and one of the members owns greyhounds.

    ReplyDelete