Friday 21 January 2011

Ordonnance Handgunners (I)

















First unit of hangunners completed, relatively quick to do as only nine figures. All are Perry plastics from the new 'Mercenaries' box, with one exception of a metal figure - an artillery assistant who's had the chamber removed that he was holding and a plastic handgun added, I thought he'd fit in well as he has a powder horn slung over his shoulder. I'm sure they'll be more of these straightforward conversons that can be done, using parts from the plastic boxes, as more metals get released.

No flag on this unit as they are skirmishers. Not much else to add; other than the new plastics are a delight to assemble and are really excellent figures. A couple of the new heads on the command sprue are attached at the chin, rather than the neck plug, which means you need to be careful with the scalpel when removing, but I'm guessing this maybe to lessen any mould lines? But hey, with this quality of late medieval figures, I'm not complaining - I'm celebrating!

Next I need to decide on either starting a bigger pike unit or completing the artillery? Where's that coin....?

6 comments:

  1. Very nice work. The more I see of this set the more I think they can be used to expand my Swiss army as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look good, is it pike next or crossbowmen? Regarding the photography, how did you get the background in?

    Cheers

    Stuart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good and......go for the pikes next!

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very nice, well done.

    Cheers,

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning stuff Simon.

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete