Saturday 3 January 2015

First Array

So here's one of my New Year resolutions done already - to photograph my Burgundian army, as they currently are, en masse for the first time. I'd intended to do this for some time, but the holidays have given me the spare time and I've borrowed my daughter's Canon camera, as its better than mine. I also used the space provided by my wife's primary school hall, as the photo of the set-up below shows.


I'm happy with most of these - all of them have made a previous appearance on this blog over the last few years as they've been completed. I purchased a pair of value portable studio lights from Amazon which I think are essential to throw sufficient light for photos of model figures en masse - however don't look too carefully at some, as my makeshift sky is  not covering all the corners (sadly no Photoshop to tart them up). 

I'll let the pictures do the talking for now...














Toodle pip and Happy New Year!

28 comments:

  1. WoW! Fantastic looking collection!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooooooooooooow, your collection is so amazing !
    Happy New Year Simon !
    J-B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive. Great army, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant stuff, Simon. Well worth taking the time to take the photos! You (and the Perries) must be well chuffed with this army.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wow! That's an impressive spread!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wasn't expecting this, Mr. Chick you are really spoiling us! These are great, seeing it all come together has been a joy. I find when I array in this manner that I notice what needs to be done, I guess it's just some light cavalry in this case? Excellent post. Would be good to test these in Battle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ace! The massive size as well as all the little details, great work! Might nick the idea of the tumbling horse ;-)
    So, do you want to keep on going the Burgundian direction or will you concentrate on some of the enemies of Charles next?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb, great eye candy as a whole and also in detail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It everything nerayelno coolly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant army and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Words cannot do justice to something as beautiful as that. Thanks for taking the time to share it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is simply superb.

    To say I am impressed is a gross understatement. Well done Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful to see them all together like this.

    FMB

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an impressive collection of beautiul and colorful figures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was looking forward to this. Many thanks! I stand in awe and salute you, Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Truly stunning looking army !!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bloody awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic to see them all together, it really is a superb collection, will be great to see them and the Swiss compleated

    ReplyDelete
  19. One impressive army, well worth all the effort put into them!

    ReplyDelete