Tuesday 10 September 2019

Burgundian Mounted Longbowmen


Following on from the last post, these are the painted and based unit of mounted longbowmen.


I decided not to add a captain - I did create and paint a figure holding a glaive in half-armour (with added riding boots), but decided that as my other units don't have one, that I'd be consistent and leave him off. One figure is gesturing forward so he's in charge...





Need to have a review of the army and see what else is needed. I'd like to do some horseholder bases to sit behind these, just to complete the unit. I have some ideas based on finding suitable horses who are static - looks like Perry WotR Heralds and their HYW Mounted Sergeants may fit the bill?

Rear view - or the Swiss Confederation view!


Simon.

16 comments:

  1. Wonderful uniforms Simon, nice colors and impressive details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely conversion work, taken through into delightful painting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding unit of Burgundians, in conversion and painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent as usual Sir.
    Best wishes,
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are superb Simon, the riding boots really look the part for mounted archers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice Simon...
    But can they and will they fight...;-)

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Top notch! They look like a fierce bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great! I have to go back to my Burgundian project. What is your basing system? Dimensions and figures per base? I started off with single bases to use in Lion Rampant, but with new troops I think I will go for multibases as in my other armies for BP, H&S and HC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, all these are on 60mm frontage - it works with most rules. Foot are 60mm square and mounted troops and artillery have 80mm depth.
      Simon.

      Delete
  9. It was an absolute privilege to see these in the flesh and a joy to see the resultant projects that they've triggered. Plural there as I really hope you do some mounted versions of these !

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tripura Board 12th Class Latest and Last Year Exam Study Material for Syllabus, Question Paper etc, Hindi, English Medium Pdf Format, Tripura HS Question Paper 2021 Students Download Tripura Board 12th Model Paper 2021 at Official Website Only.

    ReplyDelete