Tuesday 21 June 2016

Interim posting - vignettes.

I've returned to extending my AWI armies, as I needed a break from medievals (and the release of Sharp Practice 2 rules and another British Grenadier scenarios book have rekindled my enthusiasm).


However, unfinished figures linger on the painting table and so my addiction has been sated with a couple of vignettes. One is a papal group, never far from a king or high-ranking duke on campaign. These have been done on a sabot base, to maximise options for use - which I'm going to use variations of for all my vignettes now.



Second is a casualty figure, resting after or before the next days campaigning.



More Burgundians, or Swiss, will follow this summer.

8 comments:

  1. Both are splendid, love your job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two lovely vignettes, but the Papal group is particularly impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent inspiring work as always

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! I'd like to see more of such beautiful vignettes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Your work continues to inspire my own poor efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant work - and what a coincidence - I have a similar project that makes use of he Perry clergy on the workbench :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely little groups, the sabot bases work really well.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete